Woestijngras (Late 24th Century to Early or Mid 27th Century a.a.H.)
Woestinjngras (meaning 'Desert Grass') was a small village that grew to be a large town of a female Gnoll tribe. It was unusual in its being an 'amazon' Beast People culture, and its long running stability and becoming a small city at its maximum development.
The village is located at the northwest of the Plains of Antor almost at the border of the neighboring Bareds on the Zarhuy continent. This location knows sudden chances in the weather with extreme drought to heavy rainfall.
Gender Based GovernanceEdit
The feminine dominance remained throughout the town's history.
The small village does mainly count female inhabitants because of the sexual relation of the first queen. There are no adult males at all in the village as the only male part of the village is made up by the youngsters who leave as they reach their young adulthood. For reproductive needs does the village favor several nearby allied tribes.
- The juvenile males are the omegas of the tribe but are not helpless, they still get trained to defend themselves. Then follow the females as semi warriors, their task is to defend the village when needed.
- The higher rung of fighters are the female warriors. The warriors are more trained and cover the task as watch and guard of the village.
- Higher trained and experience warriors are the Sand Sirens. They are fearless and brutal and fight till their death but are mainly seen as semi warriors.
- At the highest category are the royal guard; they are basically Sand Sirens only do they stand near the queen as her personal bodyguard. The strongest of them all serves the reigning queen as the champion.
- The Champion was not bound to a rank but was found in tactical planning and thinking ahead. Very often were the places of champion taken by outsiders because they thought differently. This was not in favor of the other female’s but they lost in a fair fight.
- Besides the warrior structure there is sometimes a mercenary in the village.
As a semi desert tribe the gnolls do not wear a lot, they basically only wear loincloths and handmade jewelry together with paint markings on their bodies and fur.
The village was founded by a small group of Gnolls, mostly females in 2367 a.a.H. As their settlement came to life was it just a few huts. One of the females toke the title of queen. Slowly the settlement grows out to the size of a little village mainly built from wood and clay. As time came the village grew out into a small city but always remain very on its own, outsiders are far from welcome and are only allowed to stay for one night, or three nights at most.
- One female Leonid lived in the village as the queen's personal mercenary. As a childhood friend of the queen she only served the queen. (4th queen early 5th queen as elder and guild to the queen ca. 2420-2450 a.a.H.?)
- Nariza as slave (1 max 2 weeks). (4th queen) (2423 a.a.H.)
- Nariza’s daughter ( 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th queen. 2453 a.a.H. - ca. 2613 a.a.H.) (left at the age of about 170 years old.)
- Other (unknown)
The dragon known as Father Dragon threatened the village of Woestijngras in 2423 a.a.H. to retrieve his stolen slave, Nariza, from the village gnolls. The village was too small to fight a dragon when just returning his slave appeased him and caused him to leave.
As the events that can be encompassed by the Second War of the Power reached their land did the gnolls of Woestijngras fight for their rights to life.
Speculation: Presumably meaning the gnolls needed to fight to keep their village, which certain allied forces might have wanted to use as a base? Possibly the invaders were an expeditionary force from Sargos looking for the ruins of Eden?
The losses were heavy but they knew how to get the upper hand and become victorious. The lone elf fighting amongst their ranges caused confusion between the human-elf forces but they didn’t plan to spare her as she had made her choice.
As the Third War of the Power came, it is unknown if the village fought against the human-elf forces.
The village disappeared sometime between 2633 and 2675 a.a.H many say thanks to the great cataclysm, (see The Cataclysm). Others say that it was abandoned before the cataclysm event. the city ruins became an archaeology research project in the modern era and some say that the site is owned by the current tribe queen herself.
Most text on this page originated from Damenster. http://damenster.deviantart.com/